In this episode of SnowPlowNews, Doug Clark shares the latest innovations in tailgate salt and sand spreaders from Western Products.
Western is a well-known name in the snow and ice removal business. They’re located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and manufacture Contractor Grade snow plows, a variety of hopper and tailgate mounted spreaders, parts and plow accessories.
Western’s Brand New LOW PRO 300W Wireless Tailgate Salt Spreader
The 300W is sure to become a popular winter item. It’s a nifty wireless spreader that comes with a 2 inch receiver hitch and plugs into an existing 7-pin trailer plug. If your vehicle is wired for a trailer, plug in the 300W and you’re ready to go. No additional wiring is necessary. The convenience of the wireless, plug-in-play design makes using this spreader extremely simple and easy-to-use.
- Wireless control – 2 spinner speeds
- 12-volt electric motor – fully enclosed heavy duty motor
- 10 inch reinforced, corrosion free resin spinner
- Mounts easily to 1-ton or smaller trucks, SUVs, UTVs and tractors
Western Replaces The Pro-Flo 2 With Two New 2-Stage Spreaders
The Pro-Flo 2 was an older design, so the R&D team at Western came up with some new and improved spreaders to replace it. Tailgate spreaders come in a couple different types. The 1-stage spreader only spreads salt while the 2-stage spreader handles salt, sand, or a mix of both.
The Pro-Flo 525 is a 2-stage spreader that carries a 5.25 cubic foot material capacity. That’s up to 420 lbs of bagged or bulk salt, sand, or mix. It’s 10 inch reinforced resin spinner is capable of spreading material in a pattern up to 30 feet.
The Pro-Flo 900 is also a 2-stage spreader. The 900 boasts a 9 cubic foot hopper and holds up to 720 lbs of material. It has a larger spinner (12 inch) that can spread salt, sand or a combination in a pattern up to 40 feet.
Pro-Flo 525 and Pro-Flo 900 Features:
- Dual electric motors are sealed from the elements, protecting it from corrosion
- Dual variable speed controllers allows the user to customize the delivery and spread patterns to make a more efficient use of material. The simple control alerts the user when adjustments are needed and when the hopper is empty
- Heavy duty powder coated, horizontal steel auger
- Spinners are made of a nylon/glass reinforced resin that provides long lasting performance through many winters to come
- Standard 12-volt inverted V-shaped vibrator helps break up material in the hopper and insures a smooth material flow through to the spinner
Brent Jarvis for SnowPlowNews