Snow Plow News talks with Karl Bjorkman, Sales and Marketing Director for Altoz about their multi-functional, multi-seasonal products and attachments.
January 24, 2023
Altoz engineers and manufactures innovative products for the outdoor power equipment industry, introducing the world’s first tracked zero-turn mower, a tracked stand-on mower and a tracked compact utility carrier. Altoz products are unmatched in quality, style, and performance that outperform the competition.
Altoz is headquartered in Greenbush, Minnesota with 445,770 square feet of manufacturing facilities in Greenbush and Red Lake Falls, Minnesota. The company has more than 295 employees.
Altoz has now ventured into the snow and ice management business with the all-new Switch. The Switch provides the benefits of Altoz patented, industry-exclusive track system along with the versatility of multiple attachments. This is a machine that is ready to tackle a variety of tasks and terrain in some of the toughest conditions, no matter the season. The Switch received the Landscape Business Twenty for 2022 award, based on innovation, marketability and application within the market.
Engineered for landscape and snow removal professionals, city utility departments and government entities, the Switch’s compact chassis and the ability to operate in tight areas make efficient work of a multitude of tasks. The Switch features rear axle torsion suspension, combined with the track system to deliver maximum traction and stability, and low ground pressure that provides minimal compaction, and an industry-best ride. The fully adjustable coil spring over gas shock rider platform, electric dial throttle, soft start clutch engagement, keyless push-to-start and SmaTrac Pro Control are some of the other amazing features of the Switch. The Switch machine can handle harsh conditions with the many attachments that Altoz offers. Snow Plow News takes a look at some of these attachments and their features.
The Altoz snow blower attachment is perfect for quickly and efficiently removing snow from parking lots, sidewalks, driveways, roadways and anywhere else you need to go, no matter how tough the snow conditions may be.
- 2-stage, belt driven
- Hydraulically-adjustable discharge chute
- 54″ width
- Lift with float position controlled by proportional switch
Optimized for use on the Switch compact utility tool carrier, the 48″ angle broom is great for cleaning away dirt, snow or other unwanted material. The easy-to-use angle adjustment feature lets you direct the material away for a waste-free, clean surface.
- Hydraulically-driven to allow for reversing rotation of broom
- Angle left or right with the touch of a button
- High-performance drive motor by Parker
- Unique bristle design for efficient sweeping
- High quality wear-resistant poly bristles
- Adjustable caster wheels
The Altoz v-blade is extremely versatile and can be used in many applications.
- 50″ blade width (44″ width in v-position)
- Optional extension kit increases blade width to 60″ (52″ width in v-position)
- Can be angled left, right or used as a straight blade with easy hydraulic adjustment
- Adjustable depth guides to modify blade height
- Hydraulic lift arm allows blade to float and follow ground contour or have down force for scraping
- Replaceable hardened steel wear edge
With the Altoz brush mower attachment, clear trails, ditches, take down overgrown areas, and get into tighter areas that were previously inaccessible with larger, more cumbersome machines.
- 3-Spindle design for reduced deck length
- Six swing blades absorb impact when contacting solid objects
- Front debris guard helps limit flying debris
- Reinforced steel frame and gussets for long-lasting durability
The Altoz brine system with two 10-gallon tanks is the ultimate sidewalk sprayer for anti-icing treatments. Add the snow blower attachment and brine, spread, and plow at the same time, increasing productivity and profitability.
- Coverage pattern is easily adjusted from 42″ to 54″
- Removable tanks
- 12V pumps
- Includes spray wand
72” hydraulic utility plow with optional snow deflector and boarding step. Available for TRX 766 and 610/660 models.
- Features an adjustable 72” moldboard with 48” trip frame.
- 7 gauge trip frame superstructure
- Powerful all-hydraulic control quickly adjusts plow lift and angle. Hand-held controller with illuminated buttons allows for one hand control of the plow from the driver’s seat.
- 6” reversible cutting edge extends life and allows even wear.
For light rock salt, fertilizers and fine material grade applications. Available for TRX 766 and 610 / 660 models. Shown with optional cover.
- 3.0 cubic feet/180 lb. capacity.
- 4-20 ft spreading width.
- 10″ steel spinner.
- Optional cover and deflector kits